Lilly's latest promo video!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

GoPro and Greeeeeens

Surf was flat today so I went for a beach run, sand dune intervals and a little jog along the Gerringong/Kiama coastal track. So nice!
No waves to talk about so tonight I thought I'd just share some of my favourite GoPro frame grabs from some fun waves I've had this winter :) 






It's been a bloody good winter for waves this year, I'm stoked!!

Hmm, also I wanted to talk about this...
The best way to start the day >>>>
 
As much as I do love a coffee in the morning, it's not really the best thing for your liver first thing. 
Therefore I don't treat myself to a coffee until after brekky.
Instead I always wake up with a big glass of water with lemon juice squeezed into it, then before breakfast I have a glass of super greens followed by a glass of fresh squeezed OJ. So important to drink lots of liquids, especially water! This week, I've been giving my immune system a boost with olive leaf extract (add a teaspoon to OJ), it's good stuff!
I don't pretend to be an expert on nutrition, I still have more to learn, but I do like to read up a lot about good nutrition and especially practice it in the lead up to all contests.
Funnily enough, I used to have a monthly page in the old "Chick" magazine -girls surf/lifestyle mag. I enjoyed doing that article, because I was inspired to do extra research every month on health/nutrition and share it with the readers!
Anyway, that's my story. If anyone wants to challenge me on my ideas, or offer some good diet suggestions, feel free to post comments below...

No comments:

Post a Comment